Children and powerty.
Children experience poverty as an environment that is damaging to their mental, physical, emotional and spiritual development. Therefore, expanding the definition of child poverty beyond traditional conceptualizations, such as low household income or low levels of consumption, is particularly important. And yet, child poverty is rarely differentiated from poverty in general and its special dimensions are seldom recognized.
Children experience poverty with their hands, minds and hearts. Material poverty – for example, starting the day without a nutritious meal or engaging in hazardous labour – hinders emotional capacity as well as bodily growth. Living in an environment that provides little stimulation or emotional support to children, on the other hand, can remove many of the positive effects of growing up in a materially rich household. By discriminating against their participation in society and inhibiting their potential, poverty is a measure not only of children’s suffering but also of their disempowerment.
- Vårt föräldraransvar
- Vårt ansvar för barnen
- Det Sverige som vi vill att barn och unga får växa upp i.
- Vilket Sverige vill vi ha?
- Snart börjar skolan åter.
- Om de stora inkomstskillnaderna i Sverige som genererar i ökad barnfattigdom.
- Debattinlägg om barnfattigdom
- Glädjande om ensamkommande
- Många barn lever i fattigdom i Sverige 2018!